Site cover construction policy
Instant online Site Cover insurance quoteFor people who want to build or renovate
Site Cover is New Zealand construction insurance (policy) protects you against damages and/or accidental losses, while building a new House or while renovating, modifying or adding an extension to an already existing building.
Site Cover insurance or Construction insurance policy
is a requirement for private and commercial constructions by all banks in New Zealand.
Important note: Your House Insurance policy does not provide a cover during the construction period: – even if you are doing work as DIY – you should have a Site cover in place. If you make constructional changes to your home. – a contractor does the work for you – a possible claim can only be processed and settled if
If you make constructional changes to your home. – a contractor does the work for you – a possible claim can only be processed and settled if Site cover is in place.
Site cover provides the following benefits:
- Contract Works – sum of all works during the period of Insurance. This includes all materials, wages, and freight;
- Principal supplied goods – goods, materials, equipment or other items supplied to the contractor free of charge for inclusion in Contract Works;
- Expediting expenses – if cost for labor and material increases during time of construction or reconstruction, expediting expenses up to 5% of Sum Insured for Contract works is covered;
- Professional fees – fees charged by surveyors, architects, and engineers in relation to a Site cover claim, up to 5% of Sum Insured for Contract works is covered;
- Maintenance period – total cover period is extended by maintenance period;
- Overseas airfreight – if parts have to be ordered from overseas, costs for air freight are covered by Site cover policy; and
- Transit of goods and materials including temporary storage.
If you are planning to build from scratch or to make changes to an existing private or commercial building, please complete our online questionnaire below to receive a free Site cover insurance quote.
Site cover construction insurance
Site cover construction policy is underwritten by Vero, one of New Zealand’s biggest General Insurance providers with years of experience and expertise. Complete the questionnaire at the bottom of this page in order for us to be able to provide you with a quote for your Site cover – this would only take 3-5 minutes. Please call us if you have any questions 09 5353949 or if you need our help to complete the questionnaire.
Watch the video below. The video is designed to help you to complete the questionnaire located at the bottom of the page to get a free quote for your Site Cover insurance.
Complete Site Cover questionaire (below) to get a FREE insurance quote
Sitecover online questionnaire
Note: Site cover is only for Contract works where the contract period is less than 24 months, contract value is less that $4 million dollars and replacement of existing structure is less than $2 million dollars.